Field Trips to the Kentucky Derby Museum
What does a field trip to the Kentucky Derby Museum include?
- Your choice of our age-appropriate, core-curriculum driven Education Programs.
- A Historic Walking Tour of Churchill Downs*.
- A visit with our resident Thoroughbred and miniature horse Winston at the Museum's stable*.
- A showing of "The Greatest Race", our one-of-a-kind 360-degree, high-definition film.
- Two floors of interactive exhibits
- A fun learning experience!
What is the cost of a field trip to the Kentucky Derby Museum?
- November 1 - March 14: FREE ADMISSION for all students and youth groups in Kentucky and Clark, Floyd, Harrison and Washington counties in Indiana.
- March 15 - October 31: Admission is $3.50 pp (PK-5th) and $5 pp (6th -12th) for all students and youth groups in Kentucky and Clark, Floyd, Harrison and Washington counties in Indiana.
- Chaperone Pricing: Required chaperones are free at the ratio of one chaperone for every four students for PK-3rd and one chaperone for every six students for 4th-12th. Additional chaperones are $6 each.
- Bus Subsidy: From November 1 - March 14, JCPS and the Louisville Archdiocese schools are eligible for a $70 bus subsidy. You must request the funding when you schedule your field trip.