Field Trips to the Kentucky Derby Museum
Ready to schedule your visit?
What does a field trip to the Kentucky Derby Museum include?
- Your choice of one of our age-appropriate, core-curriculum driven Education Programs for groups of 10+.
- A Historic Walking Tour of Churchill Downs Racetrack*.
- A visit with our resident Thoroughbred and miniature horse Winston at the Museum's stable*.
- A showing of "The Greatest Race", our one-of-a-kind 360º immersive sound and visual experience.
- Two floors of interactive exhibits.
- A fun learning experience!
What is the cost of a field trip to the Kentucky Derby Museum?
- December 1 - March 10: FREE ADMISSION for all students and youth groups in Kentucky and Clark, Floyd, Harrison and Washington counties in Indiana.
- March 11 - November 30: Admission is $4.50 pp (PK-5th) and $6 pp (6th -12th) for all students and youth groups in Kentucky and Clark, Floyd, Harrison and Washington counties in Indiana.
- Bus Subsidy: JCPS and the Louisville Archdiocese schools are eligible for a $70 bus subsidy. You must request the funding when you schedule your field trip.
- Lunch: Space to eat sack lunches is available on a limited basis. The lunch space is 50 cents per student. Please request lunch space when booking your field trip.
Exclusive Field Trip packages:
Gallop over to Gheens Science Hall & Rauch Planetarium and the Kentucky Derby Museum for a joint field trip adventure. Click here for more info.