If you want your next event to be exceptional, host it at the Kentucky Derby Museum. Located at historic Churchill Downs, the Museum provides a truly unique setting for entertaining business associates, celebrating weddings or throwing a fabulous theme party.
With our flexible rental plan, your group can virtually “own” the Museum for a night, or simply convene by day and take full advantage of the exhilarating exhibits and tours.
Featuring more than 10,000 square feet of versatile function space, our exciting venue can be customized to your individual taste and style. From the classic elegance of our Great Hall to the scenic Kentucky Oaks Terrace, our rooms and outdoor options exude the thrills of a day at the races.
Rent our unique venue for Weddings, Rehearsal Dinners, Corporate Events, Business Meetings, Cocktail Receptions, Seminars, Reunions, Holiday Parties & more in Louisville, Ky...
To schedule a visit or for more information, contact:
Director of Sales
(502) 637-1111 ext.226
(502) 637-1111 ext.251
Event and Billing Coordinator
(502) 637-1111 ext.227
Whether you want to reserve a single room or own the whole Museum for the evening, the Kentucky Derby Museum has the perfect space for events both large and small. Let our team help you create an event that is truly legendary.
Rental guests are welcome to take advantage of all that the Museum has to offer throughout the day at no additional charge.
Day Rental times:
December 1-March 14
9:00* a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
March 15-November 30
8:30* a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
*An open early fee will be charged for day events starting before the times listed
Evening Events (After 6:00 p.m.)
Includes up to four-hours of facilities usage anytime between 6:00 p.m. and midnight. Renters have access to all Museum exhibits unless access to any area is specifically restricted per terms on individual rental contracts.
Invite us to your big day and we'll make your wedding dreams a reality. From elegant outdoor ceremonies to fun and memorable receptions, our onsite wedding coordinator will guide you effortlessly through the entire planning process.
Visit our Wedding Page for more info
Food & Beverage
Silver Spoon II, the exclusive caterer at the Kentucky Derby Museum, is a first class caterer who takes pride in their reputation for dependability and the high quality of their products and services. Their extraordinary chefs will design a contemporary menu using only the finest ingredients to fit your event's particular needs.
When you want to dazzle your guests or just create an amazing experience they will never forget, add one of our unique special services.
- Special accommodations and services include:
- Personalized service for all functions
- Customized catering and beverage services by Silver Spoon II.
- Flexible table arrangement and set-up plans
- Guided walking tours of Churchill Downs available day or night (weather permitting)
- Viewing of the Museum’s award-winning 360 degree high-definition video The Greatest Race
- Access to Museum’s exhibits and the Museum’s resident Thoroughbred (seasonal)
- Ample free parking (some restrictions apply during race meets)
- Public address system provided for all rentals
- Host and security guard on-duty for all rentals
- Audio-Visual equipment and technical support
- Exciting fun-filled "Race Activity" package available for day or evening events
- Museum’s Finish Line Gift Shop offering a wide selection for the most discriminating of tastes
- Special discounts for Kentucky Derby Museum Corporate members and for qualifying non-profit organizations
- Dance floor available to rent: traditional size dance floor is 18' x 24'
Invite our bourbon expert to your next event! MORE INFO»