Join us on Sunday, May 1 for Fan Fest Day Presented by Derby Experiences, the Official package provider to Churchill Downs for the Kentucky Oaks and Derby, and host of the Oaks night Fillies & Lilies Party.
The highlight of the day will be the opening of the new AMERICAN PHAROAH exhibit. The Owners of the Triple Crown Winner, Ahmed and Justin Zayat of Zayat Stables and trainer Bob Baffert and his wife, Jill will join us for a special ceremony to officially open the exhibit at 3 p.m.
The Museum will have extended hours, open from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m., to welcome guests for an entire day of fun designed to celebrate the Thoroughbred racing industry, past and present, and the exciting countdown to Kentucky Derby 142!
Kentucky Derby Museum’s Fan Fest Day Presented by Derby Experiences schedule of events includes:
- Historic walking tours of Churchill Downs Racetrack (with a chance to see Derby contenders during their morning workout on the 8:30 a.m. tour)
- Kids’ Zone activities including Derby hat making, Derby-themed story time, balloon animals, face painting, group art activities and more from 10:30am-5pm. All Kids Zone activities are FREE with admission.
- Meet and greet with the winning connections of 1970 Kentucky Derby Winner Dust Commander, including jockey Mike Manganello, trainer Don Combs and owner Verna Lehmann beginning at 10:30 a.m.
- Jockey panel discussion, emceed by Hall of Fame Jockey and two-time Kentucky Derby Winner Chris McCarron beginning at 11 a.m.
- Bourbon tastings (for an additional fee) and book signing with the Museum’s own Bourbon Authority and author Fred Minnick beginning at 1 p.m.
- Book signings featuring:
- Bill Doolittle- “The Kentucky Derby” from 12-1 p.m.
- Eliza McGraw- “Here Comes Exterminator” from 3-4 p.m.
- Jason Neff, son of late author Myles Neff- “Stylin’: The Reviving the Art of Race Riding” from 12-1 p.m.
- Bob Fortus & Gary West- “Ride to Win : An Inside Look at the Jockey’s Craft” from 11am-12 p.m.
- Kevin Gibson- “100 Things to Do in Louisville Before You Die” from 2-3 p.m.
- Jack Van Berg- “Jack: From Grit To Glory- A Lifetime of Mentoring, Dedication and Perseverance written by Chris Kotulak” from 10-11 a.m.
- Barry Irwin- “Derby Innovator: The Making of Animal Kingdom” from 1-2 p.m.
- Art signings with:
- Thomas Allen Pauly, official artist of American Pharoah, exclusive Kentucky Derby Museum poster signings starting at 10:00 a.m.
- Kathy Sullivan, official artist of the Kentucky Derby Festival beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Dacia Berry, duPont Manual High School student artist featured on Kentucky Derby Festival merchandise beginning at 12:30 p.m.
- Special Triple Crown Gallery Talk in the Museum at 2 p.m.
- Celebrity Handicapping Contest, emceed by ESPN 680’s Drew Deener beginning at 5 p.m. with Katie George, J.D. Shelburne, Paul Hornung, Ben Rhodes and more to be announced!
- Twilight Tour at 5:30 p.m. - Purchase your ticket for May 1!
- Showings of the 360° movie, The Greatest Race, throughout the day
Limited-edition Maker’s Mark® American Pharoah bottles
ON SALE STARTING AT 8:00 a.m. MAY 1
Voucher sales begin at 8:00 a.m. Pick-up begins at 1:00 p.m.
Limited quantities available. Two bottles per person. First come basis.
Special souvenir to the first 500 visitors in attendance from Derby Experiences.
A general admission ticket ($15 for adults, $7 for kids ages 5-14, under 5 free) gives guests access to the entire day’s activities with an option to add on various experiences such as specialty tours, bourbon tastings, ice-cream, brunch in the Derby Café and more!
Tickets for Kentucky Derby Museum’s Fan Fest Day Presented by Derby Experiences are available now!
To schedule your Fan Fest Day brunch between 9:30 a.m. - 3 p.m., featuring selections from The Kentucky Derby Museum Cookbook, in the Derby Café, call (502) 637-1111 ext. 250. The brunch buffet for adults 13+ is $17.95, for children 12 and under it is $8.95.