Race Day Golf Cart and Walking Tour:
Join us for an exclusive, guided tour (strictly limited to 4 guests) that explores the history, pageantry and legacy of Churchill Downs Racetrack and the Kentucky Derby. You will have a one-of-a-kind experience at the home of the "Greatest Two Minutes in Sports," from fine dining areas to the infield and many places in between. You’ll start by watching morning works rail side before gathering in the golf cart to travel through the famous tunnels to the infield for an amazing view of the iconic Twin Spires. Then it’s off to Churchill Downs to learn about the Paddock preparations for race day before heading to the Clubhouse area.
Next, you’ll return to the Museum to enjoy a viewing of “The Greatest Race,” a film that will immerse you in Derby day excitement. Then you’ll walk to Churchill Downs, where your tour will wrap up with seats at Churchill Downs in one of the Fine Dining areas like the Roses Lounge, where you’ll enjoy a spectacular lunch at the Chef’s buffet. At 1pm, your guide will depart, leaving you to enjoy an afternoon of races, or return to the Museum to explore our two floors of interactive exhibits!
- $150 per person
- 4 hours including a $30 credit towards lunch (9AM - 1PM)
- Ticket includes a $30 credit toward lunch in one of the Churchill Down’s Fine Dining areas and general admission to Churchill Downs for the duration of that day’s racing. Guests are responsible for any costs incurred over the $30.
- Option to stay and watch races at Churchill Downs the balance of the day. First race goes off at 1:00. Race days are Wednesday through Sunday.
- Limited to 4 guests, and for guests 10 years of age and older
Tour Times (ET)
- Select Race Days in the Fall 2020 Race Meet
- November 4, 5, 11, 12, 13, 14, 18, 19, 20, 21, 25, 27, 28
- 9 a.m. - 1 p.m.
- While some areas are visited on a Golf Cart, there is still quite a bit of walking and some stairs involved on this tour.
- Rain or shine!
- Dress code: Track Casual for dining, so please dress appropriately: Jackets and blazers optional, vests, shirts with collars, sweaters, dresses, pantsuits, dress jeans and slacks are appropriate, as are golf shorts, dress shorts and capris. Worn or torn garments, halter tops, athletic wear, frayed or torn denim and midriff tops are considered inappropriate attire.