Skip the mayhem of Black Friday and support Louisville attractions on Museum Store Sunday
Kick off your holiday shopping by picking up unique, local gifts Sunday, November 26, 2017
LOUISVILLE, Ky. (Nov. 16, 2017) – You’ve heard of Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday. This year, you can mark your calendars for the Sunday after Thanksgiving as Museum Store Sunday. Come out Sunday, November 26th for a great new way kick off your holiday shopping and avoid the usual pitfalls of shopping madness! Holiday shoppers and visitors are invited to give with meaning by shopping at museum stores for unique, mission-related products while directly supporting museums and cultural institutions with proceeds from all purchases.
Join seven Louisville attractions and shop their retail stores on Sunday, November 26th for a wide variety of unique gift ideas and special deals at each stop including the Frazier Museum, Kentucky Derby Museum, Kentucky Science Center, KMAC, Locust Grove, Muhammad Ali Center and the Speed Art Museum. These Louisville attractions are joining more than 265 museums from three continents, five countries, 44 states and the District of Columbia for Museum Store Sunday.
The products available at museum stores have been carefully curated to reflect the individual qualities and personalities of the institutions. Museum Store Sunday will offer consumers and patrons a retail experience that cannot be replicated in a shopping mall or other conventional retail settings. There is something to be found for everyone while perusing a museum store and its offerings while supporting the mission of that particular attraction. Look for fun, hands-on activities and programming at most locations throughout the day!
Plus, when you shop, enter to win an amazing raffle basket valued at over $600, stocked with museum memberships, admission passes, and unique gifts from every participating location.
Special deals offered in each store during Museum Store Sunday:
- Frazier Museum: 20% off storewide
- Kentucky Derby Museum: BOGO general admission by mentioning Museum Store Sunday, 15% off $60 or more and 30% off branded merchandise, one free Green Screen Photo with gift shop purchase
- KMAC: 30% off "Art Is The Big Idea" t-shirts, 10% all KMAC Shop & Cafe items, 10% off KMAC Family-Level only Memberships
- Kentucky Science Center: 30% off branded merchandise and $20 off any membership level, purchased in the Gift Shop
- Locust Grove: 30% off Locust Grove merchandise, 20 % off almost everything and 30% or more off bourbon-related items, including books, flasks and bar equipment, and food
- Muhammad Ali Center: Annual Clearance Event: up to 50% off select merchandise, in store only
- Speed Art Museum: Double-discounts for members and 15% off store-wide for non-members, 30% off branded merchandise
Shop and enter to win a raffle basket, valued at over $600, including the following prizes:
- Frazier Museum: Family membership, Frazier toy soldier swag
- Kentucky Derby Museum: One Year Membership, Kentucky Derby Bucket List Book & Kentucky Derby Museum Cookbook
- KMAC: Museum Family-Level Membership, and $25 gift card to KMAC Shop & Café
- Kentucky Science Center: Four free Exhibit-Only admission passes and 12” Plush Polar Bear
- Locust Grove: Locust Grove mug, 1 year membership, 4 admission passes
- Muhammad Ali Center: Family Membership
- Speed Art Museum: Misc. Good Co. flask and Speed Museum swag bag
For more information on Museum Store Sunday visit MuseumStoreSunday.org.
About the Museum Store Association (MSA)
The Museum Store Association is responsible for starting Museum Store Sunday. It’s a 501(c)3 international organization with the mission of advancing the nonprofit retail industry, its museum stores, and the success of the professionals engaged in it. MSA offers educational information and programs throughout the year culminating in an annual conference and trade show highlighting the best in the industry. By advocating for and encouraging high standards of curated products, knowledge, and professionalism, MSA helps museum stores and their non-profit retail professionals better serve their institutions and the public. For more information visit www.museumstoreassociation.org.
Kentucky Derby Museum
Cell (502) 777-6148