It's a party, a tradition, a place for the wild and zany- an atmosphere where anything can happen, and sometimes does! Whether young or not-so-young those who enjoy the Kentucky Derby infield have stories to tell and the pictures to prove it. We want to see them! In April of 2013, the Kentucky Derby Museum will open an exhibit highlighting the Infield on Derby day. We'll share photography through the years an want to see yours up on the wall! Send us your best images of this year's Infield experience or a favorite memory of times gone by. There is no limit to the number of entries you can submit. Photos must be high res (300 dpi) for use in the exhibit but a low res version may be submitted for judging. The prize for best image capturing the iconic experiences in the Infield is a Flip Video Ultra HDCamera to record your next Infield experience along with 2 general admission tickets to the 2013 Kentucky Derby.
Entries may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please email only one image at a time. Deadline for the contest entries is June 1, 2012.
You must include:
Description and date of the image
Some infield photo examples:
Please see the following Rules and Regulations for participation.
This contest is open to ALL photographers at least 18 years, except employees of the Kentucky Derby Museum and the immediate families of such employees. If you choose to include people in your submission, you are responsible for obtaining the necessary releases from the individuals depicted, and must be able to provide copies of those releases to the Kentucky Derby Museum upon request.
Your photographs help the Kentucky Derby Museum perserve, protect and share the exciting history of the Kentucky Derby. Thank you for helping to further our mission through your photography.
You will retain all rights to any photograph you submit -- including ownership if applicable. You only grant the Kentucky Derby Museum rights (as described below) to your photograph if you are honored by the competition as grand prize winner. Before you are formally honored by the competition, the Kentucky Derby Museum will contact you to confirm that you wish to grant us rights to your image as described below.
If your photograph is formally honored by the competition as the winner, you grant the Kentucky Derby Museum a royalty-free, nonexclusive right, in perpetuity, to:
- Use the image in the Museum's 2013 exhibit highlighting the Infield experience at Churchill Downs. (Exhibit name yet to be decided.)
- Use the photograph on the Internet in support of our mission.
- Use the photograph in the Kentucky Derby Museum's non-commercial communications.
- Provide your photograph to other individuals and organizations for non-commercial use, Derby Museum 'Infield Exhibit' use in news stories, newsletters, reports, slide shows, displays, web pages, and the like.
- Use, in connection with the Photo Contest, your name, city, state and country of residence in promotions and other publications.
- Keep the files provided, and to archive the images on CD or in other electronic forms, so that your photos can be used to support our mission and be properly credited.
As conditions of this permission, the Kentucky Derby Museum shall credit all photographs with the caption "© Person's Name" when the full name is available.
Click here to read the legal conditions.