The International Sports Heritage Association (ISHA) is pleased to announce its 2012 Communication Award winners. The 12 winners were presented the ISHY trophy Oct. 25 during the Evening of Champions dinner at the group’s annual conference hosted by the International Tennis Hall of Fame & Museum in Newport, R.I. Conference participants also voted a Best In Show recipient from the field of winners.
“The diverse ISHA member institutions consistently communicate with their sport heritage community and the annual awards offer a friendly competition that supports excellence among peers,” ISHA Awards Committee Chairperson Paula Homan said. “The 2012 Communication Award winners earn an ISHY trophy and the opportunity to leverage that win into some well-deserved attention within their market.”
The 2012 ISHY winners are:
- The Kentucky Derby Museum for its Kentucky Derby Museum Cookbook
- College Baseball Hall of Fame for their induction program College Baseball Night of Champions 2012
- The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum for its 2012 Induction Gala program
- The Melbourne (Australia) Cricket Club for The Yorker: journal of the Melbourne Cricket Library, providing in depth articles researched from the archives, featuring original historic materials.
- The St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum for its Busch Stadium tours rack card.
- The Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum for The Arab Games Exhibition, Official publication of the Arab Games Exhibition.
- The St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum for its Cardinals Academic Program (CAP) rack card, folder and handouts.
- The USGA Museum for American Champions and Barrier Breakers – Newspapers in Education (NIE) supplement.
- The Kentucky Derby Museum for its mixed media campaign promoting the event It’s my Derby.
- The St. Louis Cardinals Hall of Fame Museum for its Cardinals Academic Program (CAP) Numbers Game short video.
- The USGA Museum for its television trailer titled Jack’s First Major, referring to the legendary Jack Nicklaus.
- The British Golf Museum for its complete 2012 re-design of their web site.
- Best in Show – The Qatar Olympic and Sports Museum for The Arab Games Exhibition, Official publication of the Arab Games Exhibition.