Kentucky Derby Museum reopened on Monday, June 8
Kentucky Derby Museum has been working diligently to reconfigure all of our operations, including tours, Gift Shop and Derby Cafe Express, to ensure the health and safety of our guests and employees for our reopening. Our COVID-19 plan and protocols meet or exceed the social distancing, capacity, and health and safety guidelines outlined by local, state and federal authorities. Below are highlights of these protocols and what you can expect during your upcoming visit.
As information pertaining to COVID-19 is ever-evolving, please be sure to check back to this page for updates prior to visiting.
For more information on planning a visit, review our General Information page.
Here is what you can expect during your visit:
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOL
- All Museum employees are required to undergo a temperature check each day and wear masks while at work. Anyone with a fever of 100.4 degrees or higher will not be permitted to enter.
- Guests are strongly encouraged to wear masks.
- All employees are required to participate in regular handwashing breaks throughout their work day.
- Thorough, commercial-grade cleaning of the Museum, exhibits and all surfaces will be conducted continuously throughout the day.
- The Museum will be closed on Tuesdays for deep cleaning throughout.
- Hand sanitization stations are widely available throughout the property for the use of our guests and employees.
CAPACITY CONTROL - LIMITED TOUR GROUPS
- Tour capacity is limited to 10 people to allow for proper social distancing.
- The Greatest Race, our movie about the Kentucky Derby, shows every hour and will be limited to 40 people per viewing.
- Signage has been placed throughout the Museum to create awareness of proper physical distancing between guests. Please be respectful of others’ space.
- Queue lines that allow for social distancing have been implemented to avoid crowding in the ticket plaza, in our retail shops and in our restaurants.
- The Derby Cafe Express offers some indoor and ample covered outdoor dining space with plenty of room for social distancing.
TOUCHLESS OPTIONS AVAILABLE TO OUR GUESTS
- We encourage guests to purchase their tickets online in advance.
- Guests will be given sanitized stylus pens to use for our interactive exhibits.
Exposure to COVID-19 is an inherent risk in any public location where people are present; we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.