Field Trips to the Kentucky Derby Museum
Ready to schedule your visit?
What does a field trip to the Kentucky Derby Museum include?
- Your choice of one of our age-appropriate, core-curriculum driven Education Programs for groups of 10+.
- A Historic Walking Tour of Churchill Downs Racetrack*.
- A showing of "The Greatest Race", our one-of-a-kind 360º immersive sound and visual experience.
- Two floors of interactive exhibits.
- A fun learning experience!
What is the cost of a field trip to the Kentucky Derby Museum?
December 1 - March 15: FREE ADMISSION for all students and youth groups in Kentucky and Clark, Floyd, Harrison and Washington counties in Indiana.
March 16 - November 30: Admission is $4.50 pp (PK-5th) and $6 pp (6th -12th) for all students and youth groups in Kentucky and Clark, Floyd, Harrison and Washington counties in Indiana.
Bus Subsidy: JCPS and the Louisville Archdiocese schools are eligible for a $70 bus subsidy. You must request the funding when you schedule your field trip.
Lunch: Space to eat sack lunches is available on a limited basis. The lunch space is 50 cents per student. Please request lunch space when booking your field trip.
Chaperone policy: We recommend a student:chaperone ratio of 4:1. No group without a student:chaperone ratio of 10:1 will be admitted into Museum exhibits.
- Monday, October 15 and Tuesday, October 16
- 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
The Kentucky Derby Museum and Breeders' Cup Incorporated have collaborated to provide a unique, cross curriculum education opportunity for fifth grade students, using the Breeders' Cup World Championship as a backdrop for deeper learning initiatives.
FREE for all students and chaperones. Bus subsidy will be provided.